Interesting weekend so far…
Friday evening we attended the Central Indiana Crisis Pregnancy Center banquet. Today we attended an event at our church called Bioethics and The Bible. Discussion covered everything from genome research, stem cell research, infertility, fertility treatments, physician assisted suicide, euthanasia, and everything in between.
- 50 million abortions have been performed in the United States in the last 35 years.
- 69% of American believe that Physician Assisted Suicide is acceptable.
- Many infertility treatments result in the storage/freezing of zygotes (fertilized eggs) for future use. Many of these end up being destroyed.
- The fertility industry as increased 332% in the last 40 years.
- Infertility in men is increasing rapidly.
- Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent and therefore much more valuable/usable for research. They require the destruction of human embryos.
Any thoughts you’d care to share?
Finally, a paraphrase from Dr. Grier this morning…
Person-hood isn’t defined by our cognitive capacities or bodily functions. Person-hood defines what we are as an image-bearer of God.