Finally starting to really miss some things. The “vacation” feeling may be wearing off a bit.
- I miss my Friday AM Panera meetings with Nathan.
- I miss Diet Coke.
- I miss my monthly meetings with Chris.
- I miss my truck, especially when folks here go “dune-bashing.”
- I miss Sunday lunches with Jerry and Elizabeth.
- I miss Pastor Mark’s preaching.
- I miss my guns. =)
- I miss friends… a lot. God, in his providence, is bringing our neighbors to the UAE for a week-long visit.
- I miss family… a lot. Living so close to Amy’s folks has spoiled me.
- I miss sharing. There is so much here that I want to share with friends and family back in the States, but the blog just doesn’t do it justice.
To clarify, the “missing” of these things isn’t a bad or mournful feeling. Rather, it is that yearning that will make these things all the more sweeter when visited again. Our appreciation for these good things back in the States is being deepened.